Saturday, September 12, 2009

Jay Z's 9/11 Benefit Concert

Just when I thought my Friday night was going to end on a dull note, I found out via Twitter (gotta love Twitter) that Jay Z's 9/11 Benefit Concert at New York's Madison Square Garden was being televised.  I had no clue.  I frantically picked up my remote to find the Fuse channel.  It had already been on for 45 minutes, but that's ok because I have already set my DVR to record it when it comes on again.  Plus, you can find most of the performances, if not all on the Internet.

Here are a few of my favorite performances of the night:


 "Run This Town" featuring my girl Rihanna and Kanye West.  LOVE this song! I'm also loving Rihanna's "get-up".


 "Can't Knock the Hustle" one of my all time faves with my girl Mary J Blige.  Can we talk about how BANGIN' Mary's boots are? And those shades? SICK! Loves me some Mary


And my girl Beyonce came out and did her thing! She was WORKIN' it!

The beginning of this next performance was VERY touching. Pictures of all of the people who lost their lives in the 9/11 terrorist attacks were displayed on the screen behind the stage while the famous tune "Forever Young" was being played.  Then Jay goes into a medley of some of his famous hits and a surprise appearance from Diddy.



I've been to a few of Jay Z's shows and everyone that was lucky enough to be a part of last night's audience said this was one of his best shows to date. He always puts on a good show and is worth every penny you spend on him.  If you are a fan and have never gotten the opportunity to see him perform live, you are truly missing out.  I don't care what anybody says, Jay Z is the BEST in Hip Hop hands down.   Jay Z is Hip Hop.

2 comments:

Yakini said...

I almost passed out (from dancing so hard) during Mary's performance - felt like the OLD Mary was back!!! There is only ONE Mary J. Blige. No one can ever replace her!!!!

Beyonce looked reeaaalllly nice - i havent seen her this slim/tone since she had to lose all that weight for "Dream Girls." (Dont get me wrong, i love her with a lil' meat on her bones too. She is gorge either way).

Fashion Groupie said...

Girl, I had a mini concert going on in my house the entire time. I know my neighbors were mad, but oh well, lol!