Saturday, October 17, 2009

Barbie Wears Shoes With the "Red Bottoms"


Famous shoe designer Christian Louboutin has teamed up with Mattel and created a new Barbie collection.  The collection will consist of three Barbie dolls that will be packaged in Louboutin shoe boxes.  Each doll will come with four different Barbie sized Louboutin shoes.  The three dolls will be released separately.  A jewel-thief themed Barbie will be released in December, a safari-themed Barbie in February, and a Cannes Festival Barbie in December.  Each doll will retail for $150.  You can purchase them at BarbieCollector.com  and Net-a-porter.com

In addition, the designer himself will make appearances with Barbie in a photo diary titled "My Year in Paris with Christian Louboutin".


The photo diary will be released in December.  It comes with the Jewel Thief themed Barbie and retails for $40.  Here are some images from the diary.  See if you can spot Mr Louboutin in each of the images:



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






Here's a picture of the Barbie-Pink, red soled Louboutin shoe that premiered in Barbie's birthday runway show during New York Fashion Week in February.

*Sigh* Who would've thought Barbie would've beaten me to my first pair of Christian Louboutins.  I guess this brings truth to the following statement:



3 comments:

Yakini said...

*screams*

Now you KNOW I'm all over this!!!!!!

*heading to BarbieCollector.com to place my pre-order*

Fashion Groupie said...

LOL! I just knew that YOU of all people already knew about this, lol!

A-Boogie said...

Dude, I am on the plan for my first pair of kicks. Its a must have for 2010