Monday, September 14, 2009

2009 MTV Video Music Awards

By now, I'm sure all of you have seen and/or heard about all of the shenanigans that took place at last night's VMA's. There were so many "WTF" moments that people are still talking about and will be talking about years from now.  I'm not going to get into any of it because this isn't that type of blog.  I'll leave that for the gossip sites and social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.

Since this is a blog about fashion, I will present to you the best and worst dressed celebs on the red carpet.  Starting off with the Worst Dressed
 *note: the opinions expressed in this blog are those of the blogger (that would be me)


I usually love Cheetah Girl Adrienne Bailon's looks, but this one just doesn't do it for me.  No m'am.  She looks cute, but the dress paired with those boots = fail.



 
J-Lo is another one whose red carpet looks I'm always impressed with, but I'm not feeling this Louis Vuitton dress. At all.  The boots are HOT though. I just can't get past those hideous velvet sleeves and the gathering in the back.

 
And I'm totally not feeling this snakeskin/spandex look on Kanye's beard girlfriend, Amber Rose. Don't get me wrong, her body is SICK, but this outfit is just so skank.  There are many ways to show off a nice body, but this isn't one of them.  Very pretty girl, but she gets a "fail" on this one.



And I have no words for Lady Gaga.  None.  She gets a huge WTF from me on this one.

I'm scared.  No, forreals, I really am!
Now on to the Best Dressed of the evening:

 
I'm loving this look on Beyonce. Very cute!



Her little sis, Solange, looked stunning in this "all black everything" look.



 
I absolutely adore this look on Cassie. All the way down to the booties. HOT!



This is a cute look on Laguna Beach's Kristen Cavallari



Alicia Keys, whose looks don't always "do it" for me, looked fabulous on the red carpet in this dress.


That pretty much sums it up for me on the best and worst dressed looks at the 2009 VMA's.  What were some of yours?



1 comment:

Yakini said...

Cassie looks cute.... Amber a hot mess. Lady Gaga - no words. *smh* She is the worst.