Monday, September 21, 2009

Statement Earrings: Earrings That Speak for Themselves

Statement Earrings are BIG and bold.  They dangle and are often referred to as shoulder dusters.  These earrings make it easy to glam up your overall look. If you are self conscious about your body, statement earrings will draw attention upwards by bringing focus to your face and away from your body's problem areas.

This is a returning trend that was first made popular in the 1960's by Fashion Icon, Edie Sedgwick.  Statement Earrings were Edie's signature style staple.


 

 

Edie Sedgwick was the "It Girl" of the 60's and pop artist Andy Warhol's muse.  The story of her life was depicted in the biopic Factory Girl.  Her character was portrayed by Sienna Miller.




Statement earrings have been seen going down the runways of  fashion designers Louis Vuitton, Lanvin, and
Zac Posen to name a few.


Louis Vuitton Runway Show



Zac Posen



Zac Posen again



Lanvin

Many celebrities have been spotted wearing Statement Earrings:


Kate Beckinsale looks glamorous in these in these Ruby Red Statement Earrings


The beautiful Beyonce Knowles wore these huge ball statement Chanel earrings to an event.



Hilary Duff looks very elegant in these Statement Earrings.

I found the following Statement Earrings over at Asos:



 
Dangling Ball Statement Earrings



I LOVE these!



I love the mirror effect of these



Very Pretty!

If you like to be the center of attention, then Statement Earrings are the way to go! These earrings are not for the shy at heart. Me personally, I don't like wearing heavy earrings for fear of stretching or ripping my earlobe.  I did notice that some of the ones from Asos were clip-ons.  Again, that would be another "no go" for me, as I've always found clip-ons to be very uncomfortable.  I'm also scared of long, dangling earrings accidentally catching on to my clothing or getting stuck in my hair.  So, if you are bold enough to sport this look, be very careful and use precaution.


1 comment:

Yakini said...

I loooove big, chandelier earrings soooo much. I'm still sad that I lost my favorite pair about 3 years ago. I never did replace them, and I doubt I ever will. *sigh* Will keep on looking though.