Monday, August 29, 2011

MTV Video Music Awards Red Carpet Looks

Last night, the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards aired and celebs showed off their red carpet looks on the black carpet this year.  The red carpet arrivals are always my favorite part of the show. So, without further adieu, here are my favorite looks of the night:


Kelly Rowland looks fabulous in this black and gold fringed Fall 2011 Falguni & Shane Peacock dress.  She is also wearing Christian Louboutin pumps.

 Zoe Saldana wore a beaded Barbara Bui tunic dress with shoes from the same designer.  This was worn as a shirt on the runway, but Zoe put her on spin on it and rocked it as a dress.  This is something that not everyone would be able to get away with. Very cute.

Justin Bieber's "boo", Selena Gomez wore a short, lace dress with a train by Julien MacDonald.


I like this green dress worn  by Maria Menounos. I'm not sure how I like those shoes paired with it, but the dress definitely works for me.

Beyonce definitely made my night, along with many others, with the announcement and the "showing off" of her new baby bump.  She looks beautiful and she's definitely glowing.  This explains why her husband, Jay Z has been wearing such a big, permanent smile on his face lately. Congrats to my favorite couple!  By the way, Beyonce is wearing a floor length Lanvin gown and jewels by Lorraine Schwartz.

And now for the worst dressed of the night:


Kreayshawn looks a hot mess.

And I have no words for Nicki Minaj. Like seriously, what is this? 

Lady Gaga. I'm speechless. And not in a good way.

What were your favorite outfits of the night? Do you agree with my picks? 

1 comment:

Yakini said...

I hated everything about Nicki Minaj's look. #FAIL #FAIL #FAIL

Lady Gaga tied at a close second for the look I hated most.

And that saddens me, cuz those were the two fashionistas i was looking forward to seeing most on the red carpet.