Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Versace for H&M Launch Party

Yesterday when I did my Versace post I had no idea that the official launch party for the Versace for H&M line was taking place that same night.  Last night, Donatella Versace hosted a private launch party for the highly anticipated collection in New York.  Celebrities came out in droves to get the first look of the collection which will  not debut in H&M stores until November 19th at 8am.  They were treated to a complete runway show.  Nicki Minaj (who performed) was spotted along with other big names like Prince (who also performed), Jennifer Hudson, Jessica Alba, Blake Lively, Uma Thurman, and Supermodel Linda Evangelista just to name a few.  A lot of guests showed up wearing pieces from the bold, colorful collection.

Jessica Alba was cutesy in a black and gold sparkly dress from the Collection

Selma Blair arrived in one of the many pieces from the line

Blake Lively looked cute in a black and white ensemble.

Jennifer Hudson looked cute

The legendary Prince was spotted in the audience before the start of the show

Singer Ke$ha showed up in a cute leopard print jumpsuit.(I would hate to see what she looked like from the back)  

Nicki Minaj turned it all the way up in a cute, colorful, mixed print from the Collection.  She even stayed in tune with the green palm tree theme by wearing green hair with a palm tree leaf stuck in it.

Close-up of the palm tree

Donatella Versace

And here are some of my favorite looks from the Versace for H&M Collections that were debuted last night:






The Collection also includes mens wear


This is a picture of what the in-store display will look like

Immediately following the show, guests were allowed to shop the collection. The perfect end to the night was the Afterparty where Nicki Minaj and Prince performed.

Check out the video below for footage from the show and red carpet interviews:


I am soooooo EXCITED about this line!  I love everything I have seen so far and can not wait until it launches next weekend.  Are you as excited as I am about the line? Do you plan on making any purchases? 

3 comments:

TheMochaPeach said...

That purple is HOTNESS! I need a jacket from there in my life too!

~ Y said...

That purple dress is my favorite too. I have mixed feelings about the rest of the collection. It works for Nicki though - seems right up her alley.

Eboni said...

Nicki Minaj looks a hot mess and she knows it! Shes so pretty when she looks "normal"